Ink Digitization (Ink to Digital Conversion)
What is Ink Digitization?
- Do you need a criminal record background check in Canada from the RCMP? The RCMP will ONLY process electronic fingerprints.
- Are you unable to attend an office in Canada for electronic fingerprinting?
- If your only option is to be ink fingerprinted, then you can have your ink fingerprints converted to digital for faster processing in Canada. This is known as ink digitization.
- We can digitize your ink fingerprints.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- We are an RCMP Accredited and Certified RCMP agency. The RCMP will not digitize your fingerprints for you.
- You are required to submit your ink fingerprints to an agency like ours. We then digitize them and submit them electronically to the RCMP for processing.
- Click here to see our most recent accreditation letter (note: this is a renewal). We’ve been authorized to fingerprint for the RCMP for over 20 years.
- RCMP Authorization
Ink to Digital Candidates
This service is ideal for the following applicants who want to obtain a criminal record search in Canada:
- applicants living in remote areas in Canada (nearest police office only provides ink fingerprinting services); and
- applicant currently living outside Canada.
- $85 our fee
- $25 RCMP fee (RCMP fee is waived for applications involving Citizenship and Immigration Canada or Federal Employment)
- Courier Costs (if you do not want to receive the results by ordinary mail)
- 5% GST
Instructions for Ink to Digital Conversion
1. Print Attached PDF:
NOTE: If you do not have the Adobe Reader on your computer, you can download it for free here: Adobe Download
2. CARDSCAN: Complete the CardScan form.
3. THIRD PARTY RELEASE: Complete the Third Party Release it you want the RCMP to mail the results to a third party. Do not complete this form if you are having the RCMP mail the results directly to you.
4. FINGERPRINTS: Get fingerprinted on our RCMP C216-C form OR you may use the fingerprint form provided by your police department.
5. PHOTOGRAPH: Obtain one color printed photograph 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size.
6. INVOICE: Fill in the Invoice Form.
7. CONFIRMATION: We recommend that once you’ve completed all of the steps in the attached handout, fax (1-403-229-2724) or email everything (email@example.com) to us for our advanced approval.
8. SUBMITTED: We will also send you an email confirming that we have received your ink fingerprints, converted them to digital fingerprints and submitted them to the RCMP for processing.
Ink Digitization is your only option if you can not access electronic fingerprint services in Canada.
forced line breaforced line break