Calgary Fingerprinting Services (Ink & Digital)
Where do I go for Fingerprinting in Calgary?
Effective May 1, 2010, the Calgary Police Service no longer provides fingerprinting services to the public for civil matters such as immigration, employment, licensing, name changes, international adoptions, Record Suspensions (Pardons) or United States Waivers. You must attend an authorized agency for non-criminal fingerprinting services in Calgary.
Our company is an RCMP Accredited and Certified Fingerprinting agency and has processed thousands of fingerprints. We are one of the longest-running fingerprint agencies in Canada (since 1995). Our company, the Canadian Legal Resource Centre Inc., has clearance from the RCMP to assist with:
- take ink and digital fingerprints (ink & roll);
- digitize ink fingerprints taken from outside of Canada;
- submit electronic fingerprints instantly to the RCMP for processing; and
- process 48 Hour Name Checks.
Book an Appointment Online ***NEW***
You can book your fingerprint or name check appointment:
- Online (blue box to right); or
- Call 403-229-2774.
To book an appointment for other services, please call 403-229-2774 (Calgary) or 1-800-320-2477 (Toll Free).
How Long is the Appointment?
- Your first set of fingerprints takes around 15 minutes.
- Add approximately 10 minutes for each extra set.
Hours of Operation
- 8 am to 5 pm – Monday through Friday (we are open till 6 pm on Wednesdays)
- 8 am to 4 pm – Saturday
- Note: occasional evening available for bulk group (i.e.: company) fingerprint of 5 or more employees.
Do You Have Parking?
- Yes, we have free 2-hour visitor parking stall in front and back of building.
- You may also park in our reserved stalls under “Canadian Legal Resource Centre Inc.” labelled A13, A14, and A15.
- Please do not park in reserved parking stalls.
- Click here for a parking map: PARKING MAP
Methods of Payment
- We accept Visa / MasterCard / Amex / Debit / Cash.
Identification (ID) Required
You are required to bring to the appointment (a) 2 Photographic ID or (b) 1 Photographic ID and 1 Government ID. The identification must not be expired (a Permanent Resident Card is the only ID with an expired date that is acceptable).
- Photographic ID: Provincial Drivers’ License or Identification Card, Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Correction Services Canada Identification Card, Permanent Resident Card, Refugee Protection Claimant Document (Certified), Firearms Acquisition Certificate, Status Indian Card, Military Identification Card, Record of Landing and Nexis Card.
- Government ID (no photo): Alberta Health Care Card, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Live Birth, Marriage Certificate, Immigration Papers (includes VALID document issued by CIC with applicant information) and Certificate of Legal Name Change issued in Canada.
Recommendation: If available, bring your letter or instructions from the company or person requesting you to get a background check (e.g. employer, Citizenship Immigration Canada, licensing agency, etc.).
Fees and Disbursements
- Digital Fingerprinting: $50 + $25 RCMP fee (if applicable, see below)
- Name Check: $50
- Ink & Roll: $35
- Ink to Digital Conversion: $85 + $25 RCMP fee* (if applicable, see below)
- Plus GST on all fees and disbursements
The following searches do NOT have an RCMP fee:
- Citizenship Immigration Canada: Temporary Visas, Permanent Residency, Citizenship
- Employment (Federal)
- Employment (Police)
- National Sex Offender Registry
- Privacy Requests (ie. for Pardoned or Non-Certified Criminal Record Search)
Types of Fingerprinting and Background Check Services
For criminal record searches and police clearances in Canada:
Obtain electronic fingerprints when you need a search from the RCMP in Canada.
Fastest and most reliable results produced with this type of search.
Also referred to as digital fingerprinting.
Ink and Roll Fingerprinting
For criminal record searches and police clearances in Canada:
Obtain ink and roll fingerprints in Canada when there is NO electronic fingerprinting agency near you. Send your ink fingerprints to our office for digitization as the RCMP will no longer accept ink fingerprints for processing.
For criminal record searches and police clearances outside Canada:
You will need ink and roll fingerprints for processing in other countries.
Ink and Roll Digitization
The RCMP will only accept digital fingerprints for processing in Canada.
You can get ink fingerprints anywhere in the world.
Using our technology we scan ink fingerprints into our system for digital submission to the RCMP.
For more information check out INK DIGITIZATION.
48 Hour Name Check
We also provide 48 Hour Background Checks based upon a search of your name and date of birth.
This type of search is not verified by fingerprints.
A name check is only accepted in limited situations.
If you have a criminal record, don’t get a Name Check. You will need to be digitally fingerprinted.
Check out Name Checks.
Reasons Why Individuals Need to be Fingerprinted
Citizenship Immigration Canada
- Temporary Study, Visitor and Work Visas
- Permanent Residency (Landed Immigrant Status)
- Humanitarian / Refugee Applications
- Canadian Citizenship
Criminal Records & Immigration Violations
- Canadian Pardon
- Record Suspension
- US Waiver of Inadmissibility
- US Visa Waiver
- Overcoming Removal or Deportation from U.S.
Other Types of Applications
- Admission into Educational Programs
- Employment – Private Industry
- Employment – Government
- Foreign Employment & Immigration
- Legal Name Change
- Renting a House
Click here for information on: Vulnerable Sector Search
Frequently Asked Questions
This section has moved! You can find it here – Other Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose Us?
Experience and Service
- We are one of the longest-running fingerprint agencies in Canada (founded by Deborah L. Ward since 1995).
- You get a live voice when you call during office hours.
- Our three most senior staff members have 35+ years employment with Canadian Legal Resource Centre Inc. and have assisted over 20,000 clients.
- Check out our staff biographies.
- We also operate as Pardon Depot and Calgary Fingerprinting Services.
Social Media Reviews
Our clients love us! Check our reviews out here. Also, the owner is a former Immigration Consultant and has a very good understanding of fingerprinting requirements for immigration purposes.
RCMP Accredited and Certified Agency
- Beyond our regular paralegal services we are a trusted fingerprinting agency. All of our staff have security clearances from the Canadian Government as part of our RCMP Accreditation.
- For each of the past 16 years we have won the Consumer Choice Awards for Business Excellence in the category of Paralegal Services in southern Alberta. Thank you for selecting us as your #1 Paralegal Company!
- Check out our profile on the Consumer Choice Awards website: CCA
Better Business Bureau
- We have been a member of the Better Business Bureau since June 2000.
- Check out our A+ rating at: BBB