Special Topics & Resources

Can I Travel with a Criminal Record?

Published On: August 12, 2015

What you Need to Know Before you Travel with a Criminal Record

Visiting Canada with a Criminal Record

Can I Travel with a Criminal Record?

Eliminate Obstacles Caused by Having a Criminal Record

Do you want to visit Canada? You may be inadmissible if you have a criminal record. To gain legal entry into Canada, here are your options:

#1. Obtain a Record Suspension if your criminal record is in Canada.

Click here to learn more about Record Suspensions (Previously called Pardons)

OR, for a Free Consultation on Record Suspensions, click the “Free Consultation” button at the bottom of this page.

#2. Apply for Criminal Rehabilitation if (a) you were ordered removed or deported from Canada; and/or (b) you have a criminal record outside Canada.

Check out this Company if You Wish to Apply for a Criminal Rehabilitation

Canada Immigration and Employment Consulting Services Inc.
203, 4014 Macleod Trail SE, Calgary, Alberta CANADA T2G 2R7

Visiting the United States with a Criminal Record

If you are a Canadian with a Criminal Record, you may need a U.S. Waiver of Inadmissibility. Please check here for more information:

United States Waiver of Inadmissibility

Were you denied entry to the United States because of a criminal record and told that you need a U.S. Waiver of Inadmissibility? If yes, this does not mean that a U.S. Waiver of Inadmissibility is your only option. A review of your criminal record and court documents may reveal that you are NOT inadmissible after all. Instead, you may need to apply for a Non-Inadmissibility Letter. Please note that US Border Guards rarely explain this second option. Do not apply for a Waiver on your own. Hire an expert as an expert can sometimes help you remove your inadmissibility or assist you in improving your chances at a favorable review of your application (ie. minimize the risk of denial of your application or assist you in getting a waiver for the longest period of time possible). Contact us for a free consultation.

If you are a visitor to Canada, Permanent Resident in Canada, or individual from a Visa/Waiver Country, you may need to apply for a Visa/Waiver through the US Consulate instead. Please click here for more information:

Visa/Waiver Program


You arrived at this site because you need a criminal record background check in Canada. It is important to understand that if you wish to visit Canada and you have a criminal record, you may need to apply for a Record Suspension (if your criminal record is in Canada) or Criminal Rehabilitation (if your criminal record is outside Canada or you were ordered removed or deported). Some people request background checks in Canada for an Application involving a United States Waiver. Before proceeding with a Waiver, you really should consult with an expert. Please contact us below for your free consultation.


Top of Travel with a Criminal Record Blog

Leave A Comment

Subscribe for our newsletter